A comprehensive guide on how to master Power BI. Take a hands-on approach with a Formula One Course Project.
How To Download Course With Smartphone
What you’ll learn
- Develop a business intelligence solution end to end
- Create interactive and visually rich Reports
- Understand how Power BI Service enables collaboration
- Work with a range of data sources and become an expert at Loading and Transforming data from multiple sources
- Understand Data Modelling in Power BI
- Understand Reporting Best Practice
- Create multiple visualizations
- How to master Power BI for your real world projects!
- Windows Operating System
- Some experience of Excel is a plus (but not essential)
Learn one of the most in demand business intelligence tools around and master the most important concepts in the Power BI Ecosystem.
This course is hands-on and you will LEARN BY DOING!
We will be using a Formula One Dataset to create an interactive report with some amazing visualizations.
- Connect to various data sources including csv, excel, JSON and more.
- Perform extensive data transformations to make our data ready for reporting.
- Use relationships and data modelling methodologies to create an effective data model.
- Explore all kinds of visualisations from Column Charts, Scatter Charts, Maps, Tooltips and more.
- Use visual elements like action icons and buttons to navigate between pages in your report.
- Explore the capabilities of Power BI Pro and how it can enable you to collaborate within your Organization
- Leverage Data Analysis Expressions to add insight and analysis to our Power BI Report
By the end of the Formula One Analysis Project you will gain extensive skills and have experience of developing a business intelligence solution end to end.
You should gain more than enough experience to add value to your real world projects!
This course can be split into 5 key areas:
Loading and Transforming Data
- Connecting to data sources in Power BI
- Understanding Data Types
- Transforming Columns in your Query
- Adding Columns to your Query
- Sorting and Filtering
- Duplicating vs Referencing your Query
- Transposing your data
- Grouping and summarising your data
- Pivoting and Unpivoting your data
- Table Relationships
- One to Many, One to One and Many to Many Cardinality
- “Active” vs “Inactive” Relationships
- STAR and SNOWFLAKE Modelling Approaches
- Dimensions and Fact Tables
- Joining Tables with the Merge Operation
Visualizations and Charts
- Visualization and Report Basics
- Tables and Pivot Tables
- Matrix Visuals
- Bar and Column Charts
- Line and Area Charts
- Combo Charts
- Scatter Charts
- Treemap Charts
- Data Categories and Geographical Charts
- Interactions between Visuals
- Filters and Slicers
- Adding small multiples
- Visual Elements
- Report Design Best Practice
- Adding Interactivity to your Report
Power BI Service
- Power BI Pro vs Premium Overview
- Power BI Pro Interface Tour
- Publishing Reports to Power BI Pro
- Personal Workspaces
- Collabortation Workspaces
Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Overview of the Langauges used in Power BI (M and DAX)
- DAX Syntax Basics
- Aggregation Functions
- Filter Functions
- Other Functions
- DAX Documentation
The course is packed with lectures, code-along videos, assignment questions and detailed walkthroughs.
There should be more than enough to keep you engaged and learning! As an added plus you will also have lifetime access to all the lectures. You Can Learn Udemy – WEB SERIES Creation and Producing: How To Make Your Show
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to learn Power BI with a project based approach
- Anyone interested in building a business intelligence solution end to end
- Anyone looking to pursue a career in data analysis or business intelligence
How to Download Our Course With Desktop