Socket.IO Chat App in React Native for iOSAndroid
Learn how to create a real-time Socket IO Chat App with React Native and Socket IO! You Can Learn Udemy – React JS Course – Getting Started Guide to Beginners
How To Download Course With Smartphone
What you’ll learn
- Create a mobile app with React Native and Expo
- Create a Socket IO backend in Nodejs
- Create a public chatroom app with Socket IO and React Native
- Create a private messaging app similar to Facebook Messenger
- How to assign usernames to users joining the app
- How to use Redux to manage state inside React Native
- How to use React Hooks inside our Chat App
- How to use react-navigation for navigation inside the mobile app
- How to use Gifted Chat UI kit to bootstrap the UI
- How to use Gifted Chat UI kit with Socket IO backend
- How to manage layout on different devices
You will first learn quickly how to create a public chat room that any user can join from the mobile app, and type with all other users who have joined.
Then we will expand on the app and create private messaging, in a similar fashion to Facebook Messenger.
We are going to be using technologies such as React Native, Socket.IO, Nodejs, Redux, react-navigation, and Gifted Chat UI.
If you have any questions during the course feel free to message me and I’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner React developers curious to learn how to make a realtime socket io chat app
How to Download Our Course With Desktop